Friday, March 24, 2006

Rude Awakenings.

Earlier today I returned from Pennsylvania. The distance was reasonable, but my tired body could not make it that long. I fell asleep. Somewhere around the second hour my pillow became annoyed with me and left. I woke up on the first turn to the window and my seat playing pass with my head. So…I fell over to the other side and slept laying across two seats. This time I awoke to loud music in my face. At this point I had consumed only a granola bar. A good one, actually, but that was all. So eventually my stomach won the battle with the rest of my body by threatening to wake me up if I fell asleep again. We stopped for lunch. I fell asleep again. But this time not in the “comforts” of my car, this time I fell asleep in a sticky chair at a sub shop. Ally was the lucky soul to awake me this time. An elbow in the side and a hearty “welcome to New York.” Sigh. So after Family Guy, sandwiches, and absurd amounts of fighting, we arrived home. I was not aware that we were back so I continued to snooze against the door. My mom opened the door. You can guess what happened next.

No comments: